Friday, 16 July 2010

Cards made yesterday

For the first time in ages I've managed to make a card for the Whiff of Joy challenge which this time was a sketch by the fabulous Bev Rochester, would you believe I actually made two.


This one is the first of approx 60 birthday cards I'm making for my friend so I'm hoping she will like it, I've used Champagne Willow, coloured her with my pro markers except for her hair which I use the distress ink for this was a first for me but I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out, cut her out using the out of frame technique with the nesties, I do like this technique it just makes things look a little different and so handy when the image doesn't quite fit the shape I want lol. I've inked the edges of the card to tie in the the inking on the shape and used some K and Co backing papers to follow the sketch. I cut the little flowers and scalloped edge using one of my new border dies and added some paper roses for the first time ever of a card. I've had these for ages but was never quite sure how to use them but I have been reading Bev's blog for a while now so took the plunge today. I stamped the Happy Birthday directly as I couldn't get it to look right otherwise.


This one follows the same sketch I always find it amazing how the same sketch or even stamp can look so different changing the colours. The papers are Melissa Fances and a scrap of sentiment paper, the little sentiment was lying on the desk and just seemed right so on it went.

This is the graduation card I made for my neighbours son, I used the technique I'd seen on the Whiff of Joy tutorial blog to colour his robes and pro markers for the rest. I made the backing paper on the computer as I didn't have anything I felt was right, I was really pleased with how it turned out.

I'm entering the cards in the following challenges:

Whiff of Joy, Wild Orchid Crafts and Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club

4 comments:

Evgenia said...

The bear is small, but the card is so gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at die cut dreams Christmas club

Lori said...

That little bear nestled in santa's arm is so cute and perfect for our challenge this week, thanks for joining DCD Christmas challenge!

Donalda said...

Love all your cards dear, Sounds like you are going to be very busy. Thanks for joining us at WOJ Challenge Blog

Kim said...

Oh wow you have been a busy beaver creating all of these cards! :) they are all stunning hun! Thanks so much for joining us at the WOJ Challenge!
Hugs~ Kim