Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Challenge Cards and a Bookmark

This lovely lady is from Designed to Delight and the progressive challenge there this week was to use the flowers the lovely Faith sent out, as a bonus this week you could buy the set of little girls and the bouquet so I did. I printed her out after I had done some digital paper piecing, just wanted to try it and I quite like the effect. I cropped the bouquet and added a few of them around the girl's feet, I coloured the foliage with my promarkers and added some flower soft for a different look. I was planning on using this one a card but my DD asked if she could make it into a bookmark instead, I tried to explain the flowersoft would come off eventually but she didn't care, so some spare seam binding and a backing card later she has her bookmark.

This is Love Bugg from Tiddly Inks she doesn't meet the challenge this week I just wanted to show her to you, I made the card and layers using my nestabilities, coloured her with promarkers and added some glamour dust for sparkle.

This is my birthday card for my grandson, the challenge at Polly Craft is for a special birthday so they want an age or a name on it. I wanted something really boyish looking and when browsing through my images saw this cute little pirate, the map is pre coloured from Tiddly Inks (my colouring and distressing isn't that good! lol), I coloured the pirate with my promarkers and cut him out. I made a little ticket with my grandson's name on it and die cut a skull and crossbones as my embellishments. The backing paper is from K and Co, I scrumpled it up as small as I could then inked the edges, I know it all looks crooked and a bit thrown together but that's the look I was trying for. Honest! This is for I love Promarkers (birthday) and Cards 4 Men (recipe: 1 image, 2 papers and 3 embellishments)


This is Beary Big Hugs from Belles 'n' Whistles I coloured her with promarkers, used K and Co papers, following the sketch from Wild Orchid Crafts, as she is intended for one of my girls she also covers the Winter Wonderland challenge of one I love, I was careful not to use red as then I can enter Jingle Belles with her too.
These little cuties are from Doodle Pantry, I made this for my mum to give a friend who is moving to a new house. At Doodle Pantry they are very generously giving everyone who plays with one of their images another very cute image and they have fab freebies on their site too!
Thanks for popping by and I reading any comments you are kind enough to leave.

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful cards....love the pirate card...thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft.

Take care
San x

Kitty said...

Wow what a lovely bundle of cards! Love them all, they are so all so different yet all soo lovely!

Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men and good luck in the challenge!

Kitty x

lauren bergold said...

holy moly!!! SO MANY amazing cards...each more beautiful than the last! how on earth do you get so much done??!

of course i adore your JINGLE BELLES card, those k&co papers are fabulous and the digi-image is totally adorable (& beautifully colored in)! ♥♥♥

(but secretly...shhhhhhhhhhh! my very favorite one is that suuuuper-cool ♥PIRATE CARD♥!!! toooooo fun!!!) :)

dstandard said...

Love the bookmark and all your cards! Thanks for playing Designed 2 Delight!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you tilted your sentiment ... and what a cute little image for a holiday card ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Wow!!! Are you an over-achiever?! ;) These are all so beautiful, but I love the Jingle Belles card (so sue me!). Love the image...too sweet! And the sentiment is just perfect. Everything ties together so beautifully. Lovely card. :)

downrightcrafty said...

an absolutely gorgeous creation thank you for sharing it with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx

*Vicki* said...

All such pretty cards!! I especially love your Belles 'n Whistles creation!! The image is so sweet and so is your coloring!! What yummy papers and flourishes too! Thanks so much for playing along at the BnW challenges!!HUGS

Lola said...

All your creations are just gorgeous! I especially like the bookmark ;) Nice use of this weeks Designed2Delight image!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you were very busy! Love all your cards and bookmark. Thanks for joining us at DPDC7

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful cards. I love that Pirate Map! Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Audhild said...

Your BnW card is beautiful. Thank you for participating in our challenge