Monday 16 May 2011

Embossing Challenge for Crafty Cardmakers


At Crafty Cardmakers this time I set the challenge and I choose embossing, it can be heat embossing with ink and powders or dry embossing either by machine or by hand.
For my project I used one of the Glitter Girls boards, Dress to Impress it's called if I remember correctly, all you have to do is emboss the shape onto your card, cut it out and fold the score lines. I used bits of mirri to create the catches and add some shine. The flowers are also embossed using one of the boards from Crafters Companion, no I don't know the name of it as there are so many. I really like the leaf shape on this board and can see it being used regularly along with the flowers. I added some sparkly gems to the centre of the flowers and that was it job done.

As always thanks for popping by, any comments you leave are greatly appreciated and I hope you will take part this time at Crafty Cardmakers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great shaped card. I never think to use my board - must get it out. xx

Unknown said...

a very elegant card good luck in the challenge it looks a sure winner to me hugs jayne xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful creation Tracy, love the design and pretty flowers. Great challenge hun.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd left a comment but I specs this is something to do with blogger. Anyway, this is great. Brilliant idea to use a board.
Jack xx

Made by Mandy said...

Lovely card, looks like a posh clutch bag and those embossed flowers are a nice shape.

Love Mandy xxx

gillyflower said...

these are great tracy
haven't used my glitter girl boards for ages they can be quite useful sometimes can't they
these have come out really well
gill x

Eiglas said...

Lovely project - gives me lots of ideas!
Hugs
Ei
x

Janice said...

How lovely! Jx